A life without hobbies is a dead life. What hobbies are you enjoying today?
It says that people biologically need water, food, and oxygen to live. However, even if material survival requirements are met through these three things, people who do not meet the mental survival requirements cannot live properly. Long ago, adults lived to overcome material hunger, but today's youth live to overcome mental hunger.
Satisfying mental hunger is about improving the quality of life. In order to improve the quality of life, of course, the medium of ‘money’ is essential, but young people who do not have much money in their hands are pursuing minimalism by earning less and spending less, creating a new type of life. Instead of abandoning material greed, it is to pursue spiritual satisfaction.
For mental satisfaction, you also need a hobby that you can take with you for the rest of your life. In the meantime, our society has been rushing to the top to satisfy material hunger first, so it has not been possible to enjoy the evening life and hobbies. So today, the values of the young generation and the older generation often collide.
The older generation says that hobbies are things to do later after earning money, and the younger generation says that hobbies are what you need to enjoy your life now. This is the difference in values between the older generation who experienced material hunger and the younger generation, who now satisfy mental hunger after material hunger has been resolved from the beginning.
Therefore, it is impossible to say who is right and who is wrong
However, at a time like today when the 100-year-old era is wide open, not only the young generation but also the older generation needs a hobby to enjoy life. Hobbies can be seen as simple entertainment, but hobbies are also the best way to soothe a hungry life.
The book "Life with Hobbies" is a book that gives you a glimpse of what kind of hobbies the writer Kenji Maruyama has been enjoying while writing so far.
When he first decided to read the book, he thought it was a book telling people who couldn't enjoy their hobbies how to enjoy them. However, when I read the book, it was not a story about how to create a hobby, but a book about what the author himself enjoyed. In the first chapter of the book, in the category of 'daily fun', he introduces the things he usually does around him, and each chapter talks in order of fishing, movies, music, motorcycles and cars.
To be honest, while reading the book, I thought, ‘Ha ha. Did I just buy it to read about other people's hobbies?' Still, since I bought the book, I read the stories one by one with the feeling that I should read them quickly from beginning to end.
Starting with the sandbag story that I really sympathized with, the story about the taste of water in the area where I live, and gradually through my personal hobby life, I felt like I was showing myself through my hobby life, ‘what kind of life am I living?’. If a hobby is viewed as a person's habit, wouldn't that be his life?
A writer is a creature that is full of curiosity by nature, so there are many things that don't work out unless you try it once. I wonder if there are people who quite sympathize with the image of the author who rode a motorcycle for the first time reading the above article. Oddly enough, at least once in a man's life, he wants to sit on a machine called a motorcycle and honk the horn. Is it because we often see him riding a motorcycle and sprinting in style in the movies and dramas we watched? Whatever the reason, in fact, I also want to drive a motorcycle at least once.
I don't think that's what hobbies are. The fact that we enjoy our hobbies is not to show someone, “I have a rather cool hobby,” but to laugh with a child-like innocent face. Among the hobbies I have enjoyed so far, there are many hobbies that I have had since childhood.
A typical example is reading and writing a book like today. It is not the greed of wanting to show someone what I have written well, but writing down what I want to say after reading a book in a fun way. I don't deliberately read difficult books to pretend to be there. I just find and read books that I can enjoy reading.
The scenery of my room in the photo above clearly shows what kind of person I am. I like books, especially light novels and comic books that lead the Japanese subculture market. It is Japanese novels that gave me the pleasure of reading books every day, and I have been reading books ever since.
You don't have to worry about other people's eyes at all
Even if others talk about or criticize my hobbies, there is no problem as long as I can spend time for myself without harming others. If I hadn't fully enjoyed my hobby, wouldn't I still be living a dead life with lifeless eyes? You can never be happy if you live your life like that. No matter how much material hunger can be appeased, if you can't appease your mental hunger, living will not be living. So today, hobbies in life are more important.
If you have never pursued a hobby because you were only focused on making a living, ask yourself, ‘What did I enjoy the most?’ right now. People often say that they are so busy making a living that they don't have time to pursue hobbies. However, when you get to know them, you might be running out of time because you gossip about others or pour out complaints.
It is also important to pour out the words in your heart, saying, "Mistress, I'm really annoyed!" However, no matter how much negative emotions I pour out, instead of feeling relieved, I feel a sense of self-doubt, ‘Why do I have to live like this?’ and it becomes more difficult.
What I need at that time is not cursing at someone, but my own hobby that I can immerse myself in enough to forget stress. If you like the refreshing feeling of shaking off the laundry after running the washing machine, let's work hard on washing the laundry during the holidays. If you like taking pictures, take your smartphone and go for a walk around the neighborhood on a holiday. Those things that are nothing can become a wonderful hobby for me to enjoy today.
Hobbies are just hobbies, so don't take them too seriously. With little money and a short time, we can all enjoy our hobbies and live a life of hobbies. What are you enjoying today?

Comments
Post a Comment